Computers for communities is looking for a talented and motivated web services coordinator/ master. This person will lead a group of volunteers in maintaining, updating and customizing a Drupal Content management System. Experience with the CiviCRM extension is a benefit.
Working and communicating as a team lead is essential. The Web Services Coordinator will coordinate regular virtual and face to face meetings as well as provide orientation to new web volunteers.
Responsibilities of the Web Team include:
- providing guidance and making recommendations for web site changes
- Developing, and posting original content
- Organizing and leading web team meetings
- Reviewing website content
- Managing mailman mailing lists
- Training new team members
- Developing web management documentation
- Managing the database and content backups
- Evaluating and installing Drupal modules
- Customizing Drupal Modules
Related web application management experience preferred. Either educational experience, professional develop or personal experience are valid.
This is considered a Learning and training opportunity. Internet access required.
Time commitment approx 2 hours a week
C4C is a growing organization and is looking for developed skills in specific areas to help distribute the workload throughout the volunteer base.
Volunteer will be exposed to:
- Content management Systems
- Drupal CMS (used throughout Federal Public Service)
- demonstrate team leadership
- develop and enhance communication skills
Commitment / Engagement: 6 months to 1 year
Police Check Required / Vérification policière exigée: Yes
Finger Print Required / Empreintes digitales exigées: No
Contact Name / Nom: Kayla Springer
Phone Number / Numéro de téléphone: 613-800-3082
Email / Courriel: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is great for / Ce poste serait excellent pour :
- Youth 19-24
- Volunteers with Disabilities
- New Canadian Volunteers
- Group Volunteering
Location / Emplacement:
Computers for Communities /
The Ottawa Chapter of Computers For Communities is a locally operated not for profit community organization striving to bridge the digital divide in the National Capital Region.We provide refurbished computers, hands-on experiential education, Internet access and job skills training in exchange for community service.
Computers For Communities advocates the use of affordable, reliable and accessible technology solutions including mature Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in order to help \\\\
|Address / Adresse:
||121 Kennevale Drive
|City / Ville:
|Postal code / Code Postal:
|Phone Number / Numéro de téléphone:
|Website / Site Web: