Export Development Canada
Whether it’s giving time or money, our employees are committed to strengthening our communities. To support them and the causes they care about, EDC provides a number of charitable giving programs that focus on our employees and the causes they care about:
- Charitable Giving: EDC supports the engagement of employees in the communities by making financial contributions to their charities as part of our Charitable Donations program.
- Community Investment Day: Once a year, EDC organizes a Community Investment Day, where employees in Ottawa and our regional and international offices take time away from work to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. In 2016, almost 900 employees took part, giving their time and skills to 26 charitable organizations around the world.
- Disaster Relief: Our employees have a history of coming together to respond to domestic and global emergencies. EDC’s charitable donations programming supports the causes our employees care about by maximizing the impact of individual donations towards disaster relief through our matching program.
- Charitable Campaign: Every October, EDC focuses its fundraising efforts on the Government of Canada's Workplace Charitable Campaign, which supports the United Way/Centraide Outaouais, Healthpartners, and many charitable organizations across Canada. In 2016, we raised $202,985.84, exceeding our target of $175,000.
- Holiday Giving: Every December, we collect donations for charitable organizations in our communities. Over the years, employees have generously given to Toy Mountain, the Snowsuit Fund, the Ottawa Food Bank and to the Ottawa Mission.