Organisme : Friends of the Ottawa Public Library Association
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) will be generally responsible for volunteers of the Friends of the Ottawa Public Library Association (FOPLA). The VC will coordinate the recruitment, orientation, training, retention, and recognition of FOPLA volunteers, a community of about 300 individuals. The VC will also assess volunteer applicants for specific leadership positions, and participate in the Nominating Committee assessing potential volunteer Board members.
The VC will also advise FOPLA’s Board of Directors on Human Resource matters for the organization’s paid personnel, who are supervised by the Treasurer and VP of Communications respectively, and who will seek advice from the VC on personnel matters.
The VC will be appointed by FOPLA’s Board of Directors in accordance with FOPLA’s By-Law, and will be responsible to the VP Operations and accountable to the Board for the performance of his or her duties. As a Director, the VC acts in a position of trust for the community, and is responsible for the effective governance of FOPLA, and for providing direction to volunteer leaders in FOPLA.
• Provides leadership and management to staff, contractors, consultants and volunteers.
• Advises and ensures that the Board adheres to the Ontario Employment Standards Act (ESA), the Ontario Not-For-Profit Charity Act (ONCA), and any other polices, regulations, and legislation applicable.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of personnel policies for staff, contractors, consultants and volunteers.
• Ensures staff, contractors, consultants and volunteers receive the necessary administration, operational, health and safety training to competently and safely execute their duties.
• Coordinates the recruitment, orientation and placement process for volunteers.
• Ensures the maintenance of a volunteer database in concert with FOPLA staff.
• Manages the recruiting, ‘best fit placement’ and orientation of all volunteers.
• Coordinates with bookstore managers to ensure they provide appropriate orientation and training of new volunteers.
• Acts as the principal investigator to complaints or disputes concerning FOPLA staff, contractors, consultants or volunteers.
• Provides mediation and/or conflict resolution assistance to FOPLA staff, consultant, contractor or volunteer disputes.
• Assists FOPLA staff, contractors, consultants or volunteers in engaging outside alternate dispute resolution when required.
• Represents FOPLA as delegated by the President or VP Operations with the Ottawa Public Library.
• Participates in the supervision and evaluation of FOPLA staff.
• Participates in the Nominating Committee for new Board members.
• Assists in Board development sessions to develop Board member knowledge and skills with respect to applicable volunteer and employment laws and standards
• Fulfills the duties of a Director of the Board.
• Knowledge and experience in Human Resource management.
• The ability to lead, inspire and supervise a wide range of volunteers.
• Knowledge and skills in most or all areas of Board governance (policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy).
• Attendance at, and the provision of clear leadership at monthly Board meetings, Annual General Meetings, and other meetings or sub-committees as required.
• Support of, and participation in, special events and fundraising events relating to FOPLA and the Ottawa Public Library Commitment to the work of FOPLA and the Ottawa Public Library system.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and a member in good standing of FOPLA.
• Must have access to email.
Time Requirement: Minimum 5 hours/week from September to July. Can increase to 10 hours/week in busy periods.
Financial Requirement: Include the cost of FOPLA Membership (at least $25 a year for an Individual Membership or $250 for a Lifetime Membership); may include reimbursement for child care while attending meetings and transportation/parking on occasion.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Endroit : Various locations
Date limite pour postuler: fév 11, 2018