Position Summary (Purpose):
The Fund Development Manager will have an integral role in supporting Shelter Movers Ottawa. Reporting to the National Fund Development Director and the Chapter Director, the Fund Development Manager is a self-directed, results-oriented role. The main responsibilities of this position include cultivating relationships with donors and securing philanthropic commitments from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies. This role will have a strong focus on event-based fundraising, which includes supporting third-party events and campaigns. The Fund Development Manager will align fund development activities with the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Execute fundraising and sponsorship strategy as dictated by the National Fund Development Director, and local Chapter Director;
- Organize fundraising activities and campaigns with the support of staff and volunteers, including creating budgets and tracking revenue and expenses;
- Instruct and support third-party fundraisers to ensure appropriate procedures and guidelines are followed;
- Identify and steward major gift donors and manage a portfolio of current donors and prospects;
- Support the continued growth of Shelter Movers’ monthly giving program;
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies;
- Manage in-kind donations from local community partners, including tracking promised visibility;
- Develop and coordinate an appropriate recognition program for donors and partners;
- Conduct presentations to organizations and companies to encourage financial support.
Skills, Experience and Education
- Previous fundraising and event planning experience is an asset, but not mandatory;
- Innovation and creativity are highly valued in this position, as well as the ability to work in a virtual space and recommend alternatives to traditional styles of fundraising;
- Exceptional ability to manage a team and provide strong leadership, including the skill to work and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Dynamic, outgoing personality with sound judgment and the ability to use discretion;
- Capability to work autonomously when required, and also as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment, while balancing competing priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in public speaking and a high comfort level in presenting;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Flexible, results and detail-oriented;
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, including strategic thinking and problem-solving;
- Familiarity with G Suite (Google Workspace), MailChimp, Canva, and donor management software is a plus;
- Experience in the nonprofit sector considered an asset; must be sensitive and knowledgeable of issues surrounding gender-based violence;
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals or the Canadian Association of Gift Planners is an asset.
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, sign a confidentiality agreement, obtain a police reference check, and attend a Trauma-Informed Care Orientation session.
Estimated Time Requirements
- 6-8 hours/week. Additional time may be required, on occasion, in the evenings and some weekends due to the nature of the position.
- This is an unpaid volunteer position
If interested, please send a brief description outlining your interest as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Endroit : Virtual
Date limite pour postuler: 30 sep 2021