EMPOWERING VISIBLE MINORITY NEWCOMER WOMEN TO SUCCEED IN THE CANADIAN LABOUR MARKET.
May 11, 2021
The program is funded by the Government of Canada Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC] and is exclusively designed for newcomer women with visible minority.
· CLB level 5 +
· Must identify as a visible minority newcomer woman
· Permanent resident of Canada
· Convention refugee with valid work permit
· Must be willing to volunteer in this research project
· Must be unemployed or underemployed.
· Assess your employability skills
· Gain insights into the labour market, and better understand how your skills match with labour market demands
· Build a realistic career action plan between assessed skill levels and required job skills
· Apply for jobs with customized resumes and cover letters
· Master responses to interview questions
· Meet and connect with local employers
· Represent yourself with confidence at networking events
· Transition successfully on the job with one-on-one support
· Understand workplace culture and communication skills which are essential for navigating on the job
· Inspiration from accomplished guest speakers, mentors and coaches.
Attend the information session to learn more about the program. Please click on the link below for registration.
Tue, May 11, 2021 10:00 AM - 12:00PM.