WALK TOGETHER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - SEPTEMBER 22, 2018
22 septembre 2018
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is in need of VOLUNTEER ROUTE MARSHALS for our signature charity event, WALK TOGETHER on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2018. The funds raised during this 20km walk will support our Cancer Coaching program and bring more diagnostic equipment for colorectal cancer to the Queensway Carleton Hospital!
Route Marshals are responsible for directing our walkers along their path and ensuring that they cross intersections safely by keeping an eye out for oncoming traffic! This role is very important to ensuring that the day runs smoothly and everyone has a great time!
OTHER VOLUNTEER POSITIONS INCLUDE:
• Route Marshal (3hr shifts between 8:40am-1pm)
• Parking Marshal (3-5hr shifts between 7:15am-3:00pm)
• Start Line Set Up & Tear Down (7am-10am)
• Greeters (7:30am-9:00am)
• Registration (2.5 hr shifts from 7:30am-9:00am)
• Photographer (12pm-3pm; 11am-3pm; 8am-11am; 11:15am-1pm)
• Inspiration Station (10:15am-12:00pm)
• Lunch Crew (12pm-3pm)
• Last Stretch Cheer Team (11:15am-3pm)
• Participant Activities Coordinator (7:30am-9:00am)
• Finish Line Set Up (9am-11:00am)
• Tear Down (1:00pm-4pm)
Since the event is “Team” themed, we would like to invite you to bring a team of your friends and family to help us out with any of these roles!
If you are interested in gaining volunteer hours and making a difference in the lives of those living with cancer within your local community, please contact me at 613-247-1920 x 224 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Event Website: www.ottawacancer.ca/walktogether
Event FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/2057992304526900/
ORCF Website: https://www.ottawacancer.ca/
ORCF FB: https://www.facebook.com/ottawacancer/?fb_dtsg_ag=Adylixheq8Mn7AtX0KY2Xxy0z2jvrYtwYp3AIfYMximNfA%3AAdyYS8r-vNhS-vMpyHpUUWk00wO8cWoyIgoc17VDE69YQQ