EMPOWERING VISIBLE MINORITY NEWCOMER WOMEN TO SUCCEED IN THE CANADIAN LABOUR MARKET.
25 mai 2021
The program is funded by the Government of Canada Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC] and is exclusively designed for newcomer women with visible minority.
· CLB level 5 +
· Must identify as a visible minority newcomer woman
· Permanent resident of Canada
· Convention refugee with valid work permit
· Must be willing to volunteer in this research project
· Must be unemployed or underemployed
· Assess your employability skills
· Gain insights into the labour market, and better understand how your skills match with labour market demands
· Build a realistic career action plan between assessed skill levels and required job skills
· Apply for jobs with customized resumes and cover letters
· Master responses to interview questions
· Meet and connect with local employers
· Represent yourself with confidence at networking events
· Transition successfully on the job with one-on-one support
· Understand workplace culture and communication skills which are essential for navigating on the job
· Inspiration from accomplished guest speakers, mentors and coaches.
Register on the link below to learn more about the program:
Tue, May 25, 2021 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Empowering Visible Minority Newcomer Women - Client Program Highlights
- Empowering Visible Minority Newcomer Women - Employer Engagement Highlights
- Empowering Visible Minority Newcomer Women - The Circle of Champions