Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Men; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Seniors; Women; Youth (19-24 years); Homeless
Capital Ukrainian Festival (July 19-21, 2019): An annual outdoor festival that takes place annually on the third weekend of July in the heart of the nation’s capital along the banks of the scenic Rideau canal.
Top performers and ensembles from across North America and around the world dance, sing and play modern and traditional favorites. Prepare your taste buds for a menu chock full of Ukrainian soul-food classics prepared from fresh, local, and simple ingredients. Workshops vary from year to year but generally include pysanky, vinok making, ritual bread braiding weaving, and kolomeyjka!
Other highlights include:
- Singing, dancing and live music
- Ukrainian food village and beer garden
- Entertainment and nightlife
- “Korchma” after-parties (19+)
- Workshops and cultural demonstrations
- Church tours and sacred music
- Children’s activities and petting zoo
- Free admission and parking