VO is recruiting and deploying volunteers to respond to the volunteer needs specific to COVID-19 in Ottawa, Prescott-Russell, Lanark County and Renfrew County while ensuring proper screening and training protocals to safeguard the health of those volunteering and those they are assisting. Please see the intake portals for volunteers, for members, and for other agencies on our hompage. VO’s COVID 19 volunteer deployment program is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and the Ottawa Community Foundation.
Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Seniors; Youth (19-24 years)
Our mission is to offer the visitors and residents of the National Capital Region a world-class opportunity to experience and personally learn about the traditions, culture and heritage of India – and thus promote multi-cultural understanding, appreciation, harmony and peace; and enhance intercultural connectivity in Canada.
Our objectives are:
1. to showcase high-quality Indian music and dance programs
2. to engage our patrons with interactive and participatory programs that both entertain and educate about culture and heritage of India
3. to present nutritious and tasty authentic ethnic food from different regions of India
4. to present workshops that nourish the Body and Mind: on Wellness, Yoga, Meditation, Music, Arts, Dance and Cooking; to organize discourses, discussions and debates on Indian inspired Culture and Philosophy
5. to maintain a repository of sources of information on subjects including the Cultures, Festivals, Music and Dances, Philosophies, Literature and Cuisine from India.
To lead the marketing and communication team. Need experience in Digital Marketing, Branding and Marketing Strategy. Willing to spend at least 6 hours per week throughout the year. Reports to the President.