Partner Location: Sri Lanka
Duration: 4 months (flexible)
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week (flexible)
Context for the Assignment:
Are you dedicated to advancing gender equality for young women in Sri Lanka?
As the Gender Advisor E-volunteer with the WUSC team in Colombo, Sri Lanka you will work with the country team to develop strategies and tools to ensure that gender mainstreaming and inclusion are included in all program planning and implementation. You will work to increase the understanding of gender-specific and intersectional barriers faced by young Sri Lankan women and improve the ability of organizations to respond to their unique needs.
Join us in improving opportunities for young women in Sri Lanka!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the design and implementation of a country and context specific gender strategy that will guide current and future programming
- Support in the implementation of gender equality and gender mainstreaming initiatives within partners, such as gender audits, gender-sensitive work planning and gender budgeting
- Support partners to develop tailored services and products that meet the needs, capacities and aspirations of marginalized young women
- Support in developing new programs and activities for gender equality and positive masculinity
- Design and deliver training sessions on gender equality, women’s economic empowerment, and feminist approaches to development to WUSC staff, volunteers, and partner organizations
- Provide volunteers with support and resources in creating gender-responsive initiatives within their partner organizations
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and WUSC country office using the WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree and/or formal training in gender studies, women’s studies, social sciences or equivalent experience in other relevant field
- Relevant experience in strategy development and inclusion
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation will be an asset
- Strong understanding of organizational development, strategic and operational planning
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.