Meals on Wheels Ottawa is looking for volunteer drivers across our delivery area of central Ottawa.
Volunteer drivers should:
• have a valid Driver’s License
• have access to a vehicle with minimum $1M liability insurance
• have or be willing to apply for a Police Record Check - Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 12 months)
• can deliver a route on their own OR with someone from their household (must also go through volunteer training)
• can commit to helping over a few months, at minimum
• can follow all new health and safety meal delivery protocols put in place due to COVID-19
NOTE: the Ontario Public Health COVID-19 self assessment recommends that those over age 70 years reduce their time outside the home.
Meals are delivered from our office located at 670 Albert St as well as other partner kitchens throughout central Ottawa.
There are multiple volunteer shifts available throughout the week. Each shift takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Shifts have staggered start times between 10:50 and 11:30 am
The volunteer commitment is flexible and is usually once a week for 2 hours. Some volunteers also help out bi-weekly or on an “on call” basis.
Due to COVID-19, we are providing online training only. This training take approximately 1 hour. You will be contacted about training after signing up.
Please note: if you have already submitted a volunteer application through the Meals on Wheels website or the Community Support COVID Response website, there is no need to apply here too. You will be contacted shortly and we thank you for supporting Meals on Wheels. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
For more info please email email@example.com