VO is recruiting and deploying volunteers to respond to the volunteer needs specific to COVID-19 in Ottawa, Prescott-Russell, Lanark County and Renfrew County while ensuring proper screening and training protocals to safeguard the health of those volunteering and those they are assisting. Please see the intake portals for volunteers, for members, and for other agencies on our hompage. VO gratefully acknowledges the financial support of United Way East Ontario, the City of Ottawa and the Ottawa Community Foundation.
People with disabilities or medical conditions; Seniors
Meals on Wheels is a volunteer-based support service that delivers nutritious meals to individuals to assist them in maintaining their health and independence at home. The meals are delivered by trained volunteers who provide a personal contact, a safety and security check as well as an interested daily visitor.
La Popote roulante est un service de soutien bénévole qui organise la distribution de repas nutritifs a des bénéficiaires pour les aider à maintenir leur sante et leur indépendance a domicile. Les repas sont livres par des bénévoles qualifies qui offrent un réconfort personnel, une mesure de sécurité et un visiteur journalier dévoue.
Meals on Wheels Ottawa is looking for volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to isolated seniors and adults with disabilities. We are particularly looking for volunteer drivers who:
• can commit longer term (6+ months)
• are under the age of 70 years (strongly recommended during the pandemic)
• have access to a vehicle
• have a Driver’s Licence and minimum liability insurance
• have a Police Record Check - Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 12 months)
• can deliver a route on their own OR with someone from their own household (must also go through volunteer training)
• can follow all new health and safety meal delivery protocols put in place due to COVID-19
All meals are now being delivered from our office located inside the Good Companions Seniors' Centre (670 Albert St) and being delivered across the city.
Join our team and give back to your community. The volunteer commitment is flexible and is usually once a week. Volunteer training provided.
For more info:
• please contact Jessica via email email@example.com