Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis, Inuit); Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; LGBTTQ; Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Seniors; Women; Youth (19-24 years)
At Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre, we provide a range of health, community and social services. Core services include primary care, mental health, child services, multi-cultural programs and community development activities. We are located in the west-end of Ottawa and serves a catchment area characterized by significant cultural, racial and religious diversity. The volunteer program has been in existence since 1996, and has over 480 volunteers registered(59% are New Canadians). A community development, capacity building, and peopled cultured philosophy helps to guide and structure the program by supporting community members in authentic volunteer opportunities.
PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK:
Assist in maintaining the nursery school playground. Duties include:
- Sweeping sand
- Trimming branches
Must be able to bend, lift and be willing to work outdoors. Volunteer required for 2-3 once per week.
• Application forms can be submitted electronically by linking to the following: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/9a4a39a8-7765-419c-9425-5c40913e8c7c/1
* Grade 12 Students, College and University Students are welcome to apply! Volunteer in pairs for this position! 30 hours per week!!!!!
To support staff with set up and take down as well as cleaning duties
• To help facilitate arts, crafts, games, cooking, sports, outside play, out trips and other task within a community house setting. Duties will be dependent on location of program.
• Help support staff in creating a safe and fun space for children and youth over a six-eight week program.
• Programs may run in day time or evening time.
• Events may be part of the summer time activities and will include additional task such as noted above.
• Some outreach with staff may be required such as flyer delivery on upcoming events or programs.
• Be energetic and enthusiastic while maintaining set boundaries.
• Help to create a space that is both respectful and welcoming to all.
• Participate in summer staff training to help develop skills and team building exercises.