- Supervise visits between non-custodial parents and child(ren),
- Work closely with staff to ensure the safety and comfort of the child(ren) for the duration of the visit,
- Redirect/intervene when visit guidelines are broken,
- Record detailed observation notes that provide factual information about each visit.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have experience working with children and families from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds,
- Are aware of their own biases, emotions, and beliefs,
- Are reliable, empathetic, attentive to detail, and diplomatic,
- Are able to set boundaries and maintain client confidentiality,
- Can recognize and respond effectively to situations where the safety and well-being of children, parents, staff, volunteers, and the wider community could be at risk,
- Are available week-ends and can commit to one year of service,
- Speak fluent English or French; ability to speak other languages is a bonus!
We are always recruiting volunteers and would love to have you attend our next training session!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information. Volunteers@familyservicesottawa.org or (613) 725-3601 ext. 128.