The role of the administrative assistant is to ensure efficient and timely operations of the office so as to support and enhance the work of the organization. The administrative assistant will work under the supervision of the executive director or the designated supervisors.
Duties and responsibilities
• Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
• Prepares presentation materials, forms, letters, etc. utilizing layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
• Responds to inquiries made in person, by telephone or in writing
• Performs database searches to input, retrieve and report information.
• Maintains manual and computerized filling and retrieval systems for records/documents, including file correspondence, records, reports, inventory data and manuals
• Drafts standard letters and memoranda, maintains files, prints and distributes materials, photocopies documents and sends facsimiles
• Collects, sorts, date stamps, distributes, prepares and processes forms and documents, including mail, fax, statements, invoices, reports, vouchers, cheque requisitions, cash, and receipts
• Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness. Issues/completes receipts/documentation. Receives balances and records payments and completes receipts
• Coordinates meeting room bookings and special requirements for meetings. Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes as required
• Prepares purchase requisitions and performs associated follow up including monitoring of contract balances, commitment levels and status of documents in accordance with divisional processes
• Directs and/or guides and/or checks work of other staff
• Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
• Excellent keyboarding, proof reading and data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and ability to develop solid professional internal and external work relationships with various levels of staff, other organizations and the public. Ability to write in a clear, concise and legible manner.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work in a high pressure, high volume team oriented environment with minimal supervision, working independently and cooperatively with other members of the staff.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems with inefficiencies and develop effective solutions and solve problems.
• Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact - you will be working with vulnerable populations
- Must be comfortable dealing with harm reduction kits and people dealing with mental health issues
Education and Experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Experience performing various clerical support duties, some of which must relate to the actual job duties.
• Experience in using computerized software programs which include MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and experience with layout and formatting procedures for text, tables, and spreadsheets and mail merging.
• Experience in working with and the management of electronic and hard copy confidential data including the set up and maintenance of paper and computer file systems.
• Experience in preparing detailed correspondence, summaries, reports, statements and documentation requiring the interpretation and application of a wide range of administrative practices.
• Experience providing customer service and responding to inquiries.
Hours of Work
• 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday to Friday and/or weekends 12-5.
The ideal person would be able to commit for 3-6 months, 1-2 shifts a week, and is able to commute to the Vanier area (OC Transpo Route #12 and #19 nearby)
Endroit : 265 Montreal Road, Ottawa Ontario K1L 6C4
Date limite pour postuler: 30 juin 2019