Organization: Carty House
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Availability: Flexible; Evenings
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 3
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Jan 31, 2018
DescriptionCarty House is currently seeking passionate and committed individuals to serve as board members who will contribute to realizing the organization’s vision and strategic objectives, guide its long-term development and financial sustainability, and provide leadership. Reporting to the Board Chair, board members provide oversight for programs and services, human, financial and physical resources, participate in fundraising, and link with community partners to promote and develop Carty House within the community.
Board Member Responsibilities:
• Attend monthly board meetings and other important related meetings
• Volunteer for and accept assignments and complete these on time
• Stay informed about committee matters, prepare for meetings, review and comment on minutes and reports
• Build collegial working relationships with other board members
• Actively participate in evaluation and planning efforts
• Actively participate in fundraising activities
• Participate in various activities as needed throughout the year
Board Member Requirements
We are seeking board members with qualifications in the following areas:
• Human resources
• The Board of Directors meets eleven times a year.
• There are no meetings in July.
• Board meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Directors are expected to serve on at least one of the following committees: Communications, Finance, Fundraising, and an Adhoc Recruitment committee
• The Executive committee is comprised of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer
Term of Office
• Directors are elected for three-year terms. A Director may serve two consecutive terms.
• Time commitment: approximately 10 to 12 hours /month
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Good for people interested in: Governance (Boards, Committees)
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; Seniors; Women; Youth (19-24 years); Homeless
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors
Police record check required: Yes