Special Olympics Ottawa - Community Council Secretary
Organization: Special Olympics Ontario
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Availability: Flexible; Evenings
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Jan 8, 2018
To record and document written communication pertaining to the business of the Community Council.
● Good written communication skills
● Ability to record minutes from meetings.
● Computer skills
● Self-directed and good organization skills.
● Access to computer and internet strongly recommended.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Record and transcribe all minutes of Community Council and Executive meetings.
● Distribute minutes and other relevant information as required to the community volunteers in advance of each meeting.
● Forward a copy of all the minutes to the Provincial Staff Representative.
● Maintain files of minutes, correspondence etc., on the community’s behalf.
● Book meeting rooms and arrange for refreshments if necessary.
● Correspond with Community volunteers, the Provincial office and others as
required on behalf of the community.
● Upon vacating the position all files etc. must be passed on to the new
● Review and be familiar with sections 1,3,6,13 and 18 of the information portal.
● Maintain Special Olympics e-mail address that is provided to you if applicable
Two hours per week is the estimated time commitment.
Duration of Position:
Two-year term or as per Community by-laws.
● To work in cooperation with the Community Council and with the membership.
● To ensure Provincial Staff Representative is made aware of the minutes of each
Orientation and Training:
● Orientation and training is available through the outgoing secretary and/or Provincial Staff Representative.
Good for people interested in: Administration/Office; Communications and Marketing
You will be working with: Men; Women
Organization category: Philanthropic intermediaries and voluntarism promotion
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - None of the above
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
Police record check required: Yes