Special Olympics Ottawa - Indulge Ottawa
Organization: Special Olympics Ontario
Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 20
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Mar 1, 2018
DescriptionIndulge Ottawa (supporting Special Olympics Ontario – Greater Ottawa):
We are looking for set up (day before and day of), event and tear down volunteers.
*Volunteers may be required to lift up to 30 pounds. Suggested shifts of 5-6 hours. 6pm - 12am
Indulge Ottawa, the 2nd exciting signature fundraising event in support of Special Olympics Ontario – Greater Ottawa! All-inclusive sampling, live entertainment, silent and live auctions.
We are looking for two main areas for people to help:
1. Registration (check-in, greeting, coat check) and auction purchases:
- Check tickets, escort guests into the main room, or oversee coat check.
- Write up receipts for items purchased during live or silent auctions and handle transactions.
2. Silent/live auction:
- Oversee silent auction tables. Help pack up items and run items to winners that show receipts.
- Spotters to be set up in different parts of the room for full sight lines. Assist control with determining correct bidder number
- Record Live and Silent Auction Winners as they are determined, confirm bidder number and dollar total with auctioneer or sheet.
We will ask volunteers in either area to help with tear down at the end.
Good for people interested in: Event planning and participation; Entertainment; Special events and festivals
You will be working with: Men; Women
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Working with the fundraising committee supporting Special Olympics Ontario – Greater Ottawa, will familiarize you with the details surrounding a special event and give you the opportunity to give back to your community.
How will the organization benefit?
Special Olympics Ontario – Greater Ottawa relies on volunteer support from the community for special events to bring awareness to the club's fundraising efforts. We hope to broaden our support audience and increase support for Special Olympics at the local level.
Organization category: Philanthropic intermediaries and voluntarism promotion
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - None of the above