Organization: You and Me International Foundation
Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Feb 9, 2018
You and Me International Foundation is looking for a reliable, honest and detail-oriented bookkeeper to join the finance department. Mainly, the individual will be working with the director to help with end of the year returns.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage all accounts receivables and payables
• Balance all cash receipts and make deposits
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all accounts
• Create monthly financial statements
• Maintain an orderly financial filing system
• Monitor expenses against budget and report any anomalies
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree or diploma or certification in accounting or related field.
• 1 – 3 years of bookkeeping experience.
• Past non-profit accounting experience is an asset.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Must be organized and detail –oriented.
• Must be flexible and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 5 - 10 hours per week.
To apply for this volunteer opportunity: Please email us your qualifications (resume) and tell us why you are interested in this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Good for people interested in: Accounting and finance
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; Men; Seniors; Women
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
By volunteering with us, you will have the opportunity to meet new people, learn and develop new skills and make a difference.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - None of the above