Volunteer Tax Preparer
Organization: You and Me International Foundation
Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Availability: Flexible; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 4
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Jan 31, 2018
Through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP), You and Me International Foundation is hosting free tax preparation clinics. We are currently looking for individuals who will partner with us and help prepare income tax returns for our clients under this program.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare income tax return forms for individuals and families.
• Gather financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return.
• Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong understanding of tax preparation services
• Must have experience with the CVITPprogram and its processes.
• Strong understanding of tax preparation process
• Experience with UFile
• Ability to problem-solve and think creatively and logically
• Ability to work independently as well with team to complete tasks
We ask for a minimum commitment of 5 - 10 hours per week.
To apply for this volunteer opportunity: Please email us your qualifications (resume) and availabilities during a typical week.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Good for people interested in: Accounting and finance
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; Men; Seniors; Women
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
By volunteering with us, you will have the opportunity to meet new people, learn and develop new skills and make a difference.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - None of the above