Camp Cambria Transporter
Organization: The Arthritis Society
Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 14
Deadline: Apr 2, 2018
DescriptionVolunteer Transporter Job Description (Minimum Age of 19)
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Arthritis Society is recruiting for dedicated, caring and enthusiastic TRANSPORTERS to volunteer at Camp Cambria, a camp for children living with arthritis, from August 19, 2018 to August 25, 2018 inclusive (pre-training required).
Location: Camp Kodiak (Host Camp) Located North of Perry Sound in McKellar, ON
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: ▪ Supporting the Camp Director and Program Staff by transporting staff and/or campers by means of golf cart, as required, to daily activities.
▪ Transport campers and/or staff to medical facilities when additional care is required.
▪ Responsible for monitoring and distributing hot and cold packs throughout the day, as necessary.
▪ Act as a positive role model to staff and campers.
▪ Under the guidance of the Camp Director and Program Staff, Transporters may be asked to perform various supportive duties, including delivering refreshments to campers and assisting with luggage drop off.
▪ Ensure a high standard of health and safety of campers in all activities at camp, including the proper use of golf carts at all times.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
▪ Comprehensive understanding of the implications of living with arthritis, gained by living with arthritis and/or working/volunteering with people living with arthritis and / or chronic pain.
▪ Valid CPR/First aid training certification.
▪ All drivers must hold at minimum a G1 driver’s license and have experience driving.
▪ Satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Verification
▪ Previous experience working with children in a camp and/or education setting
▪ Excellent leadership skills, teamwork and communication skills.
▪ Must be available to work in camp setting, inclusive of cabin lodgment and available 24 hours a day with scheduled breaks.
▪ Give back to the community and influence those living with arthritis.
▪ Use specialized skills and talents while contributing to The Society’s mission.
▪ Enhance and learn new skills.
▪ Build connections and be part of a community.
If you are interested in and qualify for this exciting opportunity, please visit http://campcambria.campbrainstaff.com.
For more information, please contact Christine Bilsky, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or 416-979-7228 Ext. 3535.
Good for people interested in: Mentoring
You will be working with: Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years)
Organization category: Health
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - None of the above
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
Police record check required: Yes