2018 Walk for Dementia- Participant Recruitment & Support Coord.
Organization: Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 2
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Mar 5, 2018
In collaboration with the Walk for Dementia Committee, the Recruitment volunteer(s) are responsible for recruiting, and supporting Team Captains and Individuals for the Walk for Dementia. This position reports to the Walk for Dementia staff counterpart, and will take an active role on the Walk for Dementia Planning Committee
Time Commitment: Current Date – May 31st 2018
Responsibilities and Duties
• Attend monthly Planning Committee meetings; Meetings are by-weekly in month before Walk
• Working with The Walk for Dementia Committee, compile list of businesses, organizations and other
contacts to target as potential teams and Walk participants.
• Promote The Corporate Team Challenge to enhance potential walker participation
• Responsible for follow-up with past participants to enlist their support for May 2018
• Assist Team Captains and Team Members with accessing fundraising information and resources
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to recruit new team captains/teams and encourage past participants to register
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong familiarity with social media and other sources of online communication
• Able to complete work at home, and correspond regularly with Walk for Dementia Staff via email and phone
Good for people interested in: Fundraising; Event planning and participation; Special events and festivals
You will be working with: Seniors
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Networking, build new relationships, team building & leadership, and most of all.... an opportunity to have FUN!!
How will the organization benefit?
The Walk for Dementia expects over 1,000 walkers to help raise $300,000 in 2018. Proceeds of the event are used to provide support, education and resources for people in Ottawa and Renfrew County who are living with dementia and their caregivers.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors; Youth 16-24; Groups