Director of Public Relations
Organization: Miracle League of Ottawa
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings
Language Preference: Bilingual
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - East
Deadline: Mar 31, 2018
• Attends all Board meetings
• Plan publicity strategies and campaigns
• Write and produce presentations and press releases
• Deal with inquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations
• Organize promotional events such as press conferences and presentations
• Speak publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
• Provide clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaign programs.
• Analyze media coverage.
• Liaise with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives.
• Design, write and/or produce presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, reports, publicity brochures, information for websites and promotional videos.
• Coordinate advertising and marketing projects with Sponsorship and Fundraising members.
• Secure and maintain media contacts ( local and national)
• Obtain copies of print and TV coverage
• Communicate with local media to publicize league events.
• Develop an annual budget to support the program
• Ensure the program operates within its budget
• Provide direction, input, and feedback to the Fundraising, Media, and Website managers
• Participate on any committees, as necessary
• Prepare an annual report for the President
• Participate in league activities such as registration, publicity, coaching, special projects and fundraisers.
• Communicate regularly with other committee members
• Assist in increasing the number of players in the program.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, love and concern for each player and family
• Demonstrate high morals and integrity on and off the field
⎫ English essential (bilingualism considered an asset)
⎫ Excellent oral and written communication skills
⎫ Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
⎫ Ability to plan, organize, and/or monitor one’s own tasks or the tasks of others
⎫ Ability to identify activities and/or assign resources
⎫ Ability to work collaboratively with others
⎫ Ability to motivate and empower others
⎫ Ability to deal with conflict effectively
⎫ Have a knowledge of planning, budgeting and accountability processes
⎫ Have a working knowledge in Project Management
Good for people interested in: Governance (Boards, Committees); Disability Support; Sports
You will be working with: Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis, Inuit); Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; LGBTTQ; Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Seniors; Women; Youth (19-24 years); Homeless; Athletes
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
As a volunteer you will gain valuable experience in working with our community partners, media and notable public figures.
How will the organization benefit?
The Miracle League of Ottawa will benefit by having you on our board of directors and ensure continuity of relationships within the community.
Organization category: Culture and recreation
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes