Director of Sport Operations
Organization: Miracle League of Ottawa
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - East
Deadline: Mar 31, 2018
• Attend all Board meetings
• Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
• Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Develop and implement long term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
• Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
• Ensure the program operates within its budget
• Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify the areas for improvement.
• Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
• Develop forms and records to document program activities.
• Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff.
• Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices.
• Ensure all members receive orientation and appropriate training.
• Provide direction, input, and feedback to the Baseball Operations and Other Sports managers
• Liaise with other directors and managers to ensure effective and efficient program delivery
• Participate on any committee, as necessary
• Prepare an annual report for the President
• Participate in league activities such as registration, publicity, coaching, special projects and fundraisers.
• Communicate regularly with other committee members
• Assist in increasing the number of players in the program.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, love and concern for each player and family
• Demonstrate high morals and integrity on and off the field
⎫ English essential (bilingualism considered an asset)
⎫ Excellent oral and written communication skills
⎫ Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
⎫ Ability to plan, organize, and/or monitor one’s own tasks or the tasks of others
⎫ Ability to identify activities and/or assign resources
⎫ Ability to work collaboratively with others
⎫ Ability to motivate and empower others
⎫ Ability to deal with conflict effectively
⎫ Have a knowledge of planning, budgeting and accountability processes
⎫ Have a working knowledge in Project Management
Good for people interested in: Governance (Boards, Committees); Disability Support; Sports
You will be working with: Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis, Inuit); Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; LGBTTQ; Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Seniors; Women; Youth (19-24 years); Homeless; Athletes
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
By volunteering in this role you will have the opportunity to develop and enhance our existing sport programs offered by the Miracle League of Ottawa.
How will the organization benefit?
The Miracle League of Ottawa will benefit by having you on board to steer and oversee the sport programs offered with our volunteers.
Organization category: Culture and recreation
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes