Silent Auction Committee Member
Organization: CityKidz Ministries Ottawa
Commitment: Long term 6 months to a year
Availability: Weekends; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 6
Location: Ottawa - East
Deadline: Mar 31, 2018
DescriptionThis position will appeal to a person who is comfortable cold calling businesses for silent auction prize donations driving to pick up items, and delivering to holding area.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist silent auction team in calling for donations
• Assist the team in the pick up of items and other pre-event preparation
• Keep Silent Auction Coordinator up to date with acquisitions.
• Create prize packages for raffles as well as auction items
• Attend Banquet and help to oversee auction operations
• Work with the Silent Auction Coordinator, post-gala, with written report of actuals and wrap up.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Attention to Detail
• Driver’s license and car.
• Excellent English.
• Ability to work with a Silent Auction Coordinator and a team of volunteers
• Comfortable with and ability to call businesses for donations during the day
• Ability to create beautiful and creative displays of auction items
• Excellent written and grammatical skills
• Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, Drop Box, Outlook
• Ability to work with last minute revisions at deadline
• Ability to communicate with all volunteers
• Positive attitude and good work ethic.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• The ability to commit to 5 to 15 hours per week with some daytime hours.
Good for people interested in: Fundraising; Administration/Office; Event planning and participation; Special events and festivals
You will be working with: Men; Women
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Will gain excellent experience in Event Planning and Fundraising, Administrative Skills and Salesmanship.
How will the organization benefit?
Will assist the Executive Director in our annual fundraising event for the benefit of children at risk. Will assist the volunteer Banquet Committee to ensure that the Silent Auction, Raffles and Games for our annual Big Dream Banquet and Silent Auction, held in November, run smoothly, are on time, and handled thoroughly from start to finish including the database and final close-out with auction winners.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - None of the above
Police record check required: Yes