Looking for IT (Information Technology) Volunteers
Organization: Abbeyfield Houses Society - Ottawa
Commitment: Long term 6 months to a year
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 2
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Mar 31, 2018
DescriptionInformation Management/Information Technology (IMIT) Volunteers Needed
Are you a student, retired or working individual looking for an exciting volunteer opportunity?
Abbeyfield Houses Society of Ottawa is a not-for-profit seniors’ residence affiliated with Abbeyfield International, with 1,100 houses in 25 countries worldwide. We have openings for Information Management/Information technology volunteers to assist with the implementation, maintenance and ongoing operations of our IT infrastructure and software.
Reporting to the Director of IT, you will be responsible for various IMIT tasks, will learn on-the-job and will gain IT technical and management experience in areas such as:
• deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support of all IT systems, including PCs, telephones, peripherals and cloud services such as Google G Suite;
• scheduling and execution of maintenance and routine tasks, updates, and upgrades;
• managing staff and volunteer system accounts;
• monitoring, diagnosing and solving software or hardware failures.
The ideal candidate could be:
- a student enrolled in a computer training program looking for practical experience and a professional reference for future employment in the IMIT industry;
- an individual currently working in, or retired from an IMIT environment who wishes to give back to the community through volunteering.
If you or anyone in your domain of contacts would be interested in this volunteer opportunity, please send us a note to (xxx@ yyy) and we will send a more detailed job description.
In the interim here is some background reading on our organization: http://www.abbeyfieldottawa.ca
Much appreciated if you would consider joining us as we could really use your help and expertise! Thank you for reading.
Good for people interested in: Information Technology
You will be working with: Seniors
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
get experience in the field
How will the organization benefit?
work with experienced IT professionals
Organization category: Health
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors; Youth 16-24; Persons with a disability
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: Yes
Suitable for community service hours: Yes
Police record check required: Yes