Organization: World Skills Employment Centre
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 6
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Dec 16, 2018
Volunteer Opportunity Address
370 Catherine Street
Good for people interested in: Counselling; Teaching/Tutoring
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Volunteer Interviewer must have:
• Significant experience in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of an oral response
• Proven experience in interview techniques; HR/Recruitment within a Canadian context
• Excellent English or French language skills
• Familiarity with the Canadian job market
• Experience and/or demonstrated interest in working with new Canadians
• An ability to build rapport, and demonstrate empathy and intercultural awareness
* Professional experience in Human Resources and/or recruitment is particularly valuable in this role and as such the volunteer will be able to count these hours towards HRPA certification
How will the organization benefit?
World Skills is a non-profit community organization that seeks to promote the economic integration of New Canadians by offering pre-employment and job matching services. Volunteers form an integral part of our ability to ensure that new Canadians obtain commensurate and quality employment opportunities. As a volunteer, you will receive orientation and training for your role and become part of the culturally diverse World Skills community.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - Groups; SeniorsApply