Looking for a Director of Property Management
Organization: Abbeyfield Houses Society - Ottawa
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 2
Location: Ottawa - West
Deadline: Jan 25, 2019
DescriptionAre you a retired or working individual looking for an exciting volunteer opportunity? Abbeyfield Houses Society of Ottawa is currently looking for someone to join our Board of Directors as the Director of Property Management.
We are a not-for-profit organization that provides low cost housing for seniors with about 1100 houses around the world, 25 of them in Canada, and one here in Ottawa.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of the facility
- Manage staff and volunteers involved in larger maintenance
- Repair and upgrade projects for our 100 year old heritage building
- Conduct/coordinate routine inspections of the building
- Work with the Director of Grants and Fundraising to seek external funds for any projects
- Attend a monthly board meeting
*Must have knowledge of general building maintenance and repair.
*Must have experience developing statements of work, evaluating proposal submissions, hiring and managing the work of contractors.
Good for people interested in: Administration/Office; Skilled Trades
You will be working with: Seniors
Organization category: Development and housing
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes