Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 10
Location: Ottawa - East
Deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Volunteer Opportunity Address
Queen Mary Street Public School, 557 Queen Mary Street, Ottawa ON K1K 1V9
Good for people interested in: Teaching/Tutoring; Mentoring
You will be working with: Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
- Help children in the most economically challenged areas of Canada
- Gain personal satisfaction through utilizing and enhancing skills
- Meet new people and develop friendships and professional contacts
- Build self-esteem
- Challenge yourself and experience personal growth
- Develop a sense of accomplishment
- Enhance your health and well-being
- Have fun!
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteers support the organization's mission to provide ongoing education support for elementary-aged students.
Organization category: Philanthropic intermediaries and voluntarism promotion
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - Seniors; Youth 16-24; Youth under 16; Groups
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes