Organization: Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
Commitment: Ongoing more than a year
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 3
Deadline: May 1, 2019
DescriptionThe Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary (RVWS) is governed by a Board of Directors, which is currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced professionals to join as Directors and/or Officers. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust and is responsible for contributing to the effective governance and administration of the organization.
RVWS has a working board. Time commitment is a minimum of 5 hours per month, depending on circumstances, leadership roles, and/or special events. Board member terms are for 3 years, and can be renewed for a maximum of three 3-year terms.
Some of the key expectations of Board members are:
- commitment to and advancement of the organization’s mission and strategic plan
- regular participation in board meetings, teleconferences and electronic conversations
- willingness to serve in officer positions and/or on committees
- commitment to participate actively in a leadership role in board and committee work
- participation in fundraising and special events
RVWS is currently looking for candidates with the following skills and backgrounds:
- marketing, communications or PR
- accounting or finance
- human resources
- veterinary-related sciences
Candidates with other applicable experience or strengths are also encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates will have previous board experience in the not-for-profit sector, experience in sectors related to RVWS’ mission, and demonstrated commitment to leadership.
To apply, please see more details and an application form at https://www.rideauwildlife.org/about-us/board-member-applications/
Good for people interested in: Governance (Boards, Committees)
You will be working with: Animals
Organization category: Environment
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors; Persons with a disability
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: Yes