Heroes Challenge Venue & Logistics/Vendor Recruitment Committee Member
Organization: The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada
Commitment: Long term 6 months to a year
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - South
Deadline: Mar 29, 2019
DescriptionChildren’s Wish Heroes Challenge (formerly known as Exile Island) is a team challenge that brings together two types of Children’s Wish heroes: our supporters and our wish children!
Each team is tasked with raising $10,000, the average cost of a wish. Celebrate your team success with your wish child on challenge day, where teams compete in creative challenges designed to test team spirit, mental agility, and physical ability. Challenges are inclusive of all team members and participating wish children. Event Date June 15, 2018
The Venue and Logistics/Vendor Recruitment Committee Member is responsible for:
• Handling all arrangements associated with the Heroes Challenge location.
• Securing event day equipment including appropriate audio/visual equipment, tables, chairs, and any other equipment required for event day
• Coordinating an event timeline and day schedule including event start time, lunch time, speeches, challenge times, awards, prize giveaways, set up and teardown
• Working on a zero dollar budget to secure the following types of vendors (challenge vendors, attendee lunch vendor, volunteers lunch vendor, VIP Tent Vendor, etc).
• Securing a photographer to take team and attendees photos throughout the event
• Writing and creating event day challenges
• Must like the Children’s Wish Facebook Page and share posts related to Heroes Challenge.
Good for people interested in: Governance (Boards, Committees); Fundraising; Communications and Marketing; Event planning and participation
You will be working with: Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis, Inuit); Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; LGBTTQ; Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Seniors; Women; Youth (19-24 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Team work skills, and special events skills.
How will the organization benefit?
This event will help us to grant heartfelt wishes.
Organization category: Philanthropic intermediaries and voluntarism promotion
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors; Youth 16-24; Persons with a disability
Public transportation available: Yes
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: Yes
Suitable for community service hours: Yes