Director of Public Relations
Organization: Miracle League of Ottawa
Commitment: Ongoing (more than a year)
Language Preference: Bilingual
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - East
Deadline: Apr 21, 2019
• Attends all Board meetings.
• Organize and assist in posting on website and social media channels.
• Plan publicity strategies and campaigns
• Write and produce presentations and press releases, articles, leaflets, reports, publicity brochures, information for websites and promotional videos.
• Deal with inquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations
• Organize promotional events such as press conferences and presentations
• Speak publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
• Coordinate advertising and marketing projects with sponsorship and fundraising members.
• Secure and maintain media contacts (local and national)
• Obtain copies of print and TV coverage
• Communicate with local media to publicize league events.
• Develop an annual budget to support the program
• Ensure the program operates within its budget
• Provide direction, input, and feedback to the Fundraising, Media, and Website managers
• Participate on any committees, as necessary
• Participate in league activities such as registration, publicity, coaching, special projects and fundraisers.
• Communicate regularly with other committee members
• Assist in increasing the number of players in the program.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, love and concern for each player and family
• Demonstrate high morals and integrity on and off the field
⎫ English essential (bilingualism considered an asset)
⎫ Excellent oral and written communication skills
⎫ Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
⎫ Ability to plan, organize, and/or monitor one’s own tasks or the tasks of others
⎫ Ability to identify activities and/or assign resources
⎫ Ability to work collaboratively with others
⎫ Ability to motivate and empower others
⎫ Ability to deal with conflict effectively
⎫ Have a knowledge of planning, budgeting and accountability processes
⎫ Have a working knowledge in Project Management
Good for people interested in: Writing; Social Media; Disability Support; Event planning and participation
You will be working with: Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years); Women; Youth (19-24 years); Athletes
Organization category: Culture and recreation
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - Youth 16-24; Persons with a disability
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: Yes