Organization: Suits His Style
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
DescriptionSuits His Style is in need of a Grant Writer to head up our efforts to identify sources of grant funding and lead the organization through the process of applying for those grants. A desirable candidate's two main responsibilities will be to identify grants that Suits His Style would be eligible to apply for from municipal, provincial or national governments or private foundations and act as the lead writer of our grant applications.
• Excellent written communication skills to act as the lead for writing our grant applications.
• Skilled story teller who can craft a compelling narrative for why Suits His Style should be the beneficiary of grant-based funding.
• Leadership ability to manage a small committee dedicated to compiling information for and reviewing grant applications.
• Research skills to help identify the grants that SHS is eligible to apply for.
• A keen attention to detail to ensure that all information included in the applications is accurate
• Ability to collaborate with board members to ensure we have appropriate buy-in from volunteers and community partners.
• Motivated to make a change in the community and positively impact men’s lives.
Desired Assets (Not required):
• Bilingualism; English and French.
• Prior experience with grant writing.
• Sales experience.
• Experience influencing executives or other decision makers to make decisions that are beneficial to you.
• Ability to provide support with fundraising efforts beyond grant writing.
The desired time commitment for a grant writing volunteer is quite variable and depends on whether or not we have a grant that we are preparing an application for. The typical grant application process will be a collaborative process but will led by the grant writer and involve a time commitment of 10-15 hours by the grant writer.
Good for people interested in: Writing; Fundraising; Communications and Marketing
You will be working with: Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis, Inuit); Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; LGBTTQ; Men; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (19-24 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
• A chance to give back to community and volunteer for an exceptional organization that aims to decrease poverty in Ottawa;
• Networking and professional growth;
• Experience to build your resume and portfolio.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - None of the above