Call to all music lovers: the National Arts Centre seeks volunteers in June!
Organization: National Arts Centre
Commitment: Short term less than 6 months
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Days
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 30
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: May 29, 2019
DescriptionCALL TO ALL MUSIC LOVERS!
The National Arts Centre seeks Volunteers for its 2019 Young Artists Program from June 3-22!
The NAC will present the 21st edition of its Young Artists Program (YAP) from June 3rd to June 22nd. 70 exceptionally talented, classically trained young musicians will gather in Ottawa from Canada and around the world, to take part in the YAP. Students will have the opportunity to learn from some of the world’s most renowned performers and pedagogues through private lessons, masterclasses and workshops. They will be able to network with like-minded young artists at the University of Ottawa’s School of Music and at the National Arts Centre.
Volunteers are needed throughout the 3-week program as follows:
• Drive NAC shuttle vans: Volunteers will drive arriving students from the airport to the University of Ottawa residence, and back to the airport at the end of the program.
• Supervise student activities: Volunteers will be working with staff to supervise of 26 minors in the program, during activities at the University of Ottawa.
• Manage information booths: Volunteers will be asked to man information booths set up at strategic locations on the campus of the University of Ottawa, to answer the participants’ questions, to provide instructions or directions to participants if needed, and support the YAP staff team in general, where help is needed.
To be eligible, all volunteers must meet the following mandatory requirements:
• Must be at least 19 years or older.
• Attend the short, mandatory Safety Training session for all YAP Volunteers.
• Present a Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Police Check to the NAC HR Department.
• Present a Driver’s record & Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Police Check (required for volunteer shuttle drivers only) to the NAC HR Department.
If you are available and interested in this opportunity, please contact: SOFIANE DOYON-D’AMOUR, YAP Registration Coordinator, at Sofiane.Doyon-D'Amour@nac-cna.ca or at 343-961-5489 before May 29th.
We look forward to welcoming you to the YAP 2019 Volunteer Team!
Good for people interested in: Administration/Office; Event planning and participation; Transportation of people; Special events and festivals
You will be working with: Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Seniors; Youth (19-24 years)
Organization category: Education and research
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - Seniors; Youth 16-24
Public transportation available: Yes
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
Suitable for community service hours: Yes