Volunteer Grant Writer
Organization: Ottawa Paw Pantry
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Oct 2, 2019
DescriptionOttawa Paw Pantry is seeking a grant writer. This volunteer is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations, with support from the Managing Partners.
The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
This position requires someone who has excellent research, writing, and communication skills, is self-motivated, reliable, organized, thorough and timely. This volunteer will be responsible for:
- Researching potential grant opportunities from organizations that match our mission and values
- Writing and submitting grant applications, including reference letters, proposals, budgets
- Liaising with grant-making organizations to ask for feedback
- Track all proposed, pending and awarded grant programs by department.
- Work with team to develop and implement an annual development plan/strategy to increase annual grant income
- Report progress in grant research, grant submission and outcome to the Ottawa Paw Pantry’s Managing Partners
- Maintaining a calendar of funding opportunities
Good for people interested in: Writing; Accounting and finance; Administration/Office
You will be working with: Disadvantaged
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - New Canadians
Police record check required: Yes