Donor Stewardship - Thank You Caller
Organization: Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Aug 16, 2019
DescriptionThe Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County (DSORC) is currently seeking a volunteer to place telephone calls to donors thanking them for having made a donation.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
• Place telephone calls to donors thanking them for having made a donation
• Be familiar with the Dementia Society programs and services, able to engage donors in conversation about what their donation is supporting
• Maintain organized notes and donor files
• Comply with data integrity and confidentiality policies at all times
• Additional administrative duties as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bilingualism in English and French
• Excellent interpersonal skills with active listening abilities
• Excellent conversationalist and customer service skills
• Comfort using basic office technology and with speaking on the phone
• Reliability, punctuality, and a positive disposition
• Knowledge of DSORC programs and services (training provided)
Successful applicants will submit a volunteer application form and provide a valid Criminal Police Record check. An interview and reference checks will be conducted as part of the application process with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Successful applicants will be provided with Orientation Training in addition to role-specific training from their supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter describing their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good for people interested in: Administration/Office
You will be working with: Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Seniors; Women
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Volunteers in this position will have the opportunity to engage in meaningful conversations with donors, develop and maintain communications skills, and support the DSORC mission by sharing the direct impact our donors have on developing programs and services for people living with dementia and their caregivers.
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteers strengthen the DSORC organization by allowing us to continue to offering programs, guidance, and support that meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Organization category: Health
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - Seniors; None of the above
Police record check required: Yes