Organization: Suits His Style
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: Bilingual
Number of Positions Available: 3
Deadline: Oct 31, 2019
DescriptionSuits His Style is in need of a Fundraising Volunteer to head up our efforts to identify new sources of funding beyond the government-based grants that we have relied on in our brief history as an organization. A desirable candidate would be responsible for identifying alternative potential sources of funding and leading our efforts to obtain funding from those new sources.
• A self-starter who is motivated to make a change in the community and positively impact men’s lives.
• Excellent networking and sales skills to build relationships with new sources of funding and convince them to support Suits His Style’s cause.
• Skilled story teller who can craft a compelling narrative for why Suits His Style should be the beneficiary of funding.
• Experience influencing executives or other decision makers to make decisions that are beneficial to you.
• Ability to collaborate with board members to ensure we have appropriate buy-in from volunteers and community partners.
Desired Assets (Not required):
• Bilingualism; English and French.
• Experience planning and executing fundraising events or a general background in event planning/management
• Sales experience.
• Ability to provide support with fundraising through grant writing.
The desired time commitment is flexible but we are looking for an average of 3-5 hours per week.
Good for people interested in: Writing; Fundraising; Communications and Marketing
You will be working with: Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis, Inuit); Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; LGBTTQ; Men; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (19-24 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
• A chance to give back to community and volunteer for an exceptional organization that aims to decrease poverty in Ottawa;
• Networking and professional growth;
• Experience to build your resume and portfolio.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - None of the above