Playgroup Assistant - Satellite Site - Boys and Girls Club
Organization: Carlington Community Health Centre
Commitment: Short term (less than 6 months)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 3
Location: Ottawa - West
Deadline: Dec 15, 2019
Time: Mornings, 8:30am-12noon
Minimum commitment: Three months
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Assist with the physical set up of room and any activities.
• Promote reading among participants.
• Prepare snacks and clean up after preparation.
• Assist with cleaning and putting away items after the sessions, including toys, dishes, floors, surfaces.
• Promote safety during the playgroup.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment
• Demonstrated genuine interest in children and children’s activities
• Good communication skills, ability to speak in English (other languages, such as Somali, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, an asset)
• Caring, patient, non-judgmental, and understanding of children and children’s needs
• Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
• Sensitive to multicultural issues
• Sensitive to issues facing low-income population.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
Good for people interested in: Sports; Teaching/Tutoring; Health Care; Mentoring
You will be working with: Children (0-10 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Volunteer hours, community engagement
Organization category: Health
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors; Youth 16-24
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes