Organization: Student Links (Community Living Ontario)
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: English or French
Number of Positions Available: 5
Deadline: Feb 20, 2020
Volunteer Opportunity Address
Various - Ottawa Region
Good for people interested in: Outdoor activities (landscaping/gardening); Disability Support; Teaching/Tutoring; Mentoring
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Disadvantaged; Men; People with disabilities or medical conditions; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (11-15 years); Women; Youth (19-24 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
- Meet new people, gain life changing experiences and connections.
- Contribute directly to the growth of a individual by assisting them in preparing for life after school.
- Discover young people who are just as passionate as yourself about a shared goal and help guide them and show opportunities for their future.
- Contribute to a more inclusive community by creating valued social roles for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Create a meaningful and lasting connection that can change someone's life!
How will the organization benefit?
Becoming a mentor will benefit Student Links by working towards and fulfilling the mandate of Community Living Ontario, creating a more inclusive, welcoming, and accepting community for individuals with intellectual disabilities, in order to help them achieve a good life.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Seniors; Youth 16-24; None of the above; Groups
Vulnerable sector check required: YesApply