Tiny Toes Baby Playgroup and Toy Lending Library Volunteer
Organization: Centretown Community Health Centre
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: Bilingual
Number of Positions Available: 3
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Feb 28, 2020
DescriptionVolunteer Position: EarlyOn Playgroups and Toy Lending Library
Team: Early Years
Date: Ongoing need
Days & Hours of work: Monday 9:00 am-12:00 pm, Wednesday 9:00 am-12:00 pm, Thursday 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Summary: To provide a welcoming environment children and parents attending the EarlyOn Playgroup.
Reporting Relationships: Early Childhood Educator, Early Years
• To assist with room set-up and clean up.
• To welcome and greet parents and children.
• To assist staff as needed (e.g. providing program flyers and resources).
• To help parents as needed (e.g. playing with children).
• To help with the lending library which follows the playgroup.
• Friendly and outgoing.
• Comfortable and interested in working with parents and babies.
• Comfortable working in a large group.
• Respectful to program participants.
• Comfortable working with a team.
• Knowledge of parenting resources.
• Knowledge of other cultures.
• Interest in multicultural diversity.
• Experience working with families (children and parents).
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Knowledge of maternal and child health.
• Experience working in diverse multicultural settings.
Good for people interested in: Teaching/Tutoring; Health Care; Companionship/Visiting; Mentoring
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians; LGBTTQ; Men; Children (0-10 years)
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1-6 days
This position would be great for - New Canadians; Youth 16-24
Public transportation available: Yes
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
Police record check required: Yes