VO is recruiting and deploying volunteers to respond to the volunteer needs specific to COVID-19 in Ottawa, Prescott-Russell, Lanark County and Renfrew County while ensuring proper screening and training protocals to safeguard the health of those volunteering and those they are assisting. Please see the intake portals for volunteers, for members, and for other agencies on our hompage. VO’s COVID 19 volunteer deployment program is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and the Ottawa Community Foundation.
Organization: The Catholic Centre for Immigrants, Ottawa
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 100
Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
Volunteer Opportunity Address
219 Argyle Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2P 2H4
*Note: This volunteer role is currently being conducted virtually.
Apply Here: http://cciottawa.ca/get-involved/volunteers/
Good for people interested in: Mentoring; COVID-19 Virtual Volunteering
You will be working with: Visible Minorities or New Canadians; Youth (16-18 years); Youth (19-24 years)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
By volunteering in this role, volunteers should achieve:
• Results-based satisfaction from welcoming newcomers to the community and developing new
relationships, as well as having a direct, positive impact on the lives on people in need of
• Enhanced experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse populations and learning
about another culture, as well as valuable experience with Mentorship;
• A better understanding of the challenges faced by refugees and immigrants starting life over in a
new country, specifically related to employment and education;
• Expanded networks in Ottawa by working closely with newcomers and making connections with
valuable professional networks and potential colleagues;
• Satisfaction of helping make Ottawa a more welcoming community, while helping others achieve their goals and dreams.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - Young Adults (19-24); Seniors (65+); Groups
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: YesApply