Summer Soccer Camp Volunteer - Pinecrest Park
Organization: Royal City Soccer Club
Commitment: Short term (less than 6 months)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 20
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Jul 1, 2021
DescriptionPlease see below for information on How to Apply!
About the position:
Volunteers can apply for morning sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 12noon), afternoon sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 12:30pm – 4:30pm) or full days sessions (40 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm) during any or all of the nine (9) weeks of July and August 2021.
Volunteers at our summer day camps may have any of the following responsibilities:
• Assisting staff with coaching and supervising children at camp
• Equipment collection and maintenance (i.e. inflating soccer balls, collecting cones)
• General help around camp
• Maintain a clean camp environment and help staff meet all safety protocols
• Adhere to and help enforce all camp policies
Qualities we’re looking for:
• Enjoys soccer and sporting activities
• Great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Responsible and reliable
Volunteers at our camp must be at least 14 years of age by the time their camp week of volunteering starts. If you are 16 or older, you may be eligible for a CIT (Counsellor in Training) or Camp Counsellor position with us. Any volunteers aged 18 or older will be required to submit a police background check.
How to apply:
Visit our website at royalsoccer.com and follow these 5 steps:
1. Click on the STAFF heading at the top of the website.
2. Select the province that you are in.
3. Review the Volunteer description and click on the yellow APPLY NOW button.
4. Sign-in (if you already have an account) or Sign-up if you are a new volunteer applicant.
5. Complete the Volunteer Online Application by clicking the appropriate box at the bottom.
If you have any issues or have questions about applying, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-427-0536 x221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good for people interested in: Sports
You will be working with: Youth (11-15 years); Children (0-10 years)
Organization category: Culture and recreation
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - High School Students or Adolescents (14-18)
Police record check required: Yes