Organization: The Council on Aging of Ottawa
Commitment: Short term (less than 6 months)
Availability: Weekends; Flexible; Evenings; Days
Language Preference: Bilingual
Number of Positions Available: 2
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Aug 27, 2021
DescriptionThe Council on Aging of Ottawa (COA) is currently seeking skilled, energetic, and knowledgeable volunteers to help with the coordination and delivery of its Smart Aging Program.
If you have a desire to give back to the community and work with Ottawa’s older adults, then the following opportunity might just be for you!
Are you a pro with Zoom Meetings? Are you willing to share your expertise with others? Then maybe tutoring is for you!
Details and Responsibilities
- As a Zoom Tutor, you would be coordinating Zoom Orientation sessions with the COA’s Director of Education.
- Training can and will be provided to ensure you are familiar with various device and app configurations.
- Orientations would be organized per your availability.
- Sessions are usually one-on-one or done with a small group.
- Orientation sessions are meant to familiarize COA event participants with Zoom’s most basic functions: Mute/unmute, start/stop video, changing from gallery view to speaker view, locating and using the Chat and Reactions features.
- As a Zoom Tutor, you would also be expected to track attendance and report concerns, issues to the Director of Education.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an email to our Administration email@example.com as well as our Director of Education, Stéphanie Cadieux, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good for people interested in: Teaching/Tutoring
You will be working with: Seniors
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
The COA offer an intimate and dynamic environment where the right person will be able to grow and utilize their skills while benefiting older adults in the Ottawa area by contributing to making our city more age friendly.
How will the organization benefit?
The COA will benefit through the participation, expertise and engagement of it's Zoom Tutors in offering relevant information to participants helpful in planning for successful and active older years.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 2-3 weeks
This position would be great for - Seniors (65+)
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: Yes