Director, Human Resources Committee Centre 507 Board of Directors (volunteer)
Organization: Centre 507
Commitment: Ongoing (more than a year)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 1
Location: Ottawa - Central
Deadline: Mar 17, 2021
DescriptionCentre 507 is a busy adult drop-in centre in the Centretown area of Ottawa, collaborating with partners to provide healthy meals, a welcoming community and access to resources. Our Centre is a non-profit, community-based organization.
• Participant-centric • Inclusive • Collaborative • Agile • Accountable
Our Board of Directors:
The role of our policy board is to provide leadership and support to the Centre’s Executive Director and staff. We provide orientation to all new Board members.
Our Human Resources Committee:
The human resources (HR) committee provides advice and support to the Executive Director on human resources issues and may participate in related activities.
About this Role:
• Supports the mission and values of Centre 507 as a board
• Leads the HR Committee.
• Provides advice on issues of human resources management,
staffing and policy development.
• Participates in staff recruitment, health & safety and
compensation reviews, as required.
• Participates in strategic planning to reach organizational goals.
• 5 to 7 hours per month.
• Facilitate quarterly HR committee meetings.
• Attend monthly board meetings.
• Plan, lead or implement specific projects.
Length of Term 3 years
• Experienced HR professional, preferably with a professional
• Knowledge of employment legislation.
• Champion of equity, diversity, and inclusion principles.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Passion for serving our community and interest in social justice.
• Previous non-profit or Board experience is an asset.
Ottawa. Remote meetings temporarily due to COVID-19.
Ideally to start in April 2021
How to apply:
If you are interested in volunteering on the Centre 507’s Board of Directors, please send a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Centre 507 welcomes diversity of perspectives and inclusion from all members of society regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation.
Good for people interested in: Writing; Administration/Office; COVID-19 Virtual Volunteering; Governance (Boards, Committees)
How will this volunteer opportunity benefit you?
Benefits of Role
• Contribute to a small, grass roots organization.
• Engage with a passionate and vital Board.
• Collaborate with forward thinking people.
• Develop leadership skills.
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
Public transportation available: Yes
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes
This position can accommodate persons with a disability: Yes