Volunteer Drivers Hot Meal Program - Thursdays in Vanier, Alta Vista or Lincoln Heights
Organization: Meals on Wheels Ottawa - La Popote roulante
Commitment: Long term (6 months to a year)
Language Preference: English
Number of Positions Available: 10
Deadline: Jun 30, 2021
DescriptionDeliver nutritious meals, a caring contact and peace of mind to isolated seniors and adults with disabilities.
Meals on Wheels Ottawa is looking for volunteer drivers with a higher need on:
• THURSDAYS in Vanier, Sandy Hill, Lincoln Heights
Volunteer drivers should:
• have a valid Driver’s License
• have access to a vehicle with minimum $1M liability insurance
• have or be willing to apply for a Police Record Check - Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 12 months)
• can deliver a route on their own OR with someone from their household (must also go through volunteer training)
• can commit to helping over a few months, at minimum
• can follow all new health and safety meal delivery protocols put in place due to COVID-19
NOTE: the Ontario Public Health COVID-19 self assessment recommends that those over age 70 years reduce their time outside the home.
Meals are delivered from our office located at 670 Albert St as well as other partner kitchens throughout central Ottawa.
Thursdays - can we weekly or bi-weekly.
Each shift takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
Shifts have staggered start times between 10:50 and 11:30 am
The volunteer commitment is flexible and is usually once a week for 2 hours. Some volunteers also help out bi-weekly or on an “on call” basis.
Due to COVID-19, we are providing online training only. This training take approximately 1 hour. You will be contacted about training after signing up.
Please note: if you have already submitted a volunteer application through the Meals on Wheels website or the Community Support COVID Response website, there is no need to apply here too. You will be contacted shortly and we thank you for supporting Meals on Wheels. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
For more info please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Good for people interested in: COVID-19 Light Touch Volunteering; Transportation of goods; Health Care
You will be working with: People with disabilities or medical conditions; Seniors
Organization category: Social services
Time it will take to contact applicants - 1 week
This position would be great for - Young Adults (19-24); Seniors (65+); Families; New Canadians
Vulnerable sector check required: Yes