Front-Desk BILINGUAL Receptionist - Mental Health Hub
Organisme: Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
Engagement: Court terme moins de 6 mois
Langue préférée: Bilingue
Nombre de postes disponibles: 2
Endroit: Ottawa - Ouest
Date limite: fév 1, 2018
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Mental Health Services , the Front Desk Receptionist provides administrative, reception and data entry support to the programs delivered in Mental Health Services in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Bureau.
• Answer telephones, provide information on services, and direct callers to the appropriate person
• Greet visitors and direct as appropriate
• Coordinate courier services, sort mail
• Provide assistance to Administrative Assistant and DSDI coordinator as required
• Word processing documents as required
• Maintain office supply inventory, order as required
• Make photocopies as required
• Prepare information packages or other packages for mailing
• Follow safe work practices as established by the Bureau
• Fluently bilingual (Advanced level English & French is essential)
• Able to communicate in a positive, polite and respectful manner
• Able to communicate effectively with different cultural groups
• Excellent telephone manner
• Able to use a multi-line telephone
• Able to use a computer for data entry, word processing and internet search
• Punctual and reliable in coming in for scheduled shifts, or phoning in advance if unavailable or sick.
• Able to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Able to accept supervision and direction
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of the needs, interests and concerns of marginalized youth
• Non-judgmental and accepting of diversity
Volunteers are asked to select a minimum of one 4 hour shift per week from 4 – 8 pm on Thursdays, for a minimum period of three months. Volunteers wishing to work less than a 4 hour shift may be considered at the discretion of the supervisor.
• Volunteer Application
• Interview with Human Resources and the Assistant Director of Mental Health Services
• References (2)
• Police Records Check for Service with the Vulnerable Sector
• TB Test
• General orientation with Human Resources staff for Volunteer Policy Manual review
• Specific on-site orientation with the Assistant Director of Mental Health Services
• Periodic training and development opportunities
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the volunteer. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required. Volunteers may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Bon pour les personnes intéressées par: Administration/Bureaux
Vous allez travailler avec: Minorités visibles ou Nouveaux Canadiens; Défavorisés; LGBTTQ; Hommes; Personnes avec handicaps ou conditions médicales; Jeunes (16-18 ans); Jeunes (11-15 ans); Femmes; Jeunes (19-24 ans)
Comment cette occasion de bénévolat vous bénéficier?
If you are looking to build professional experience in an office setting, this opportunity would be ideal for you.
Catégorie de l'organisme: Services sociaux
Bénévoles - considérations
Le temps qu'il faudra pour communiquer avec les candidats - 1-6 jours
Cette position serait formidable pour - Des nouveaux Canadiens; Aînés; Des jeunes entre 16 et 24 ans; Des personnes handicapées
Vérification des antécédents en vue d'un travail auprès de personnes vulnérables exigée: oui