Silent Auction Coordinator
Organisme: CityKidz Ministries Ottawa
Engagement: Long terme entre 6 mois et un an
Disponibilité: Fins de semaine; Soirées; Journées
Langue préférée: Anglais
Nombre de postes disponibles: 2
Endroit: Ottawa - Est
Date limite: mar 31, 2018
DescriptionThis position is one of two Silent Auction Coordinator positions available to work with a team of volunteers in the acquisition of Silent Auction Prizes and to ensure that the Silent Auction, Raffles and Games for our annual Big Dream Banquet and Silent Auction, held in November, run smoothly, are on time, and handled thoroughly from start to finish including the database and final close-out with auction winners. The Silent Auction Coordinators will work together to ensure communication is maintained with all parties, directing related committees and keeping volunteers on task. This includes monitoring the timetable to assist the coordinator to make sure critical deadlines are met and activities are initiated and properly executed when scheduled. The Silent Auction Coordinators will work with the Event Coordinator and the Big Dream Banquet Committee on planning and engage with volunteers through all phases of the auctions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Attend all banquet committee meetings and update on acquisitions
• Coordinate a team of silent auction volunteers
• Assist silent auction team in calling for donations
• Assist, when necessary, in the pick up of items and other pre-event preparation
• Keep banquet committee up to date with acquisitions.
• Create a project timeline
• Maintain the silent auction database
• Create prize packages for raffles as well as auction items
• Attend Banquet and Oversee auction operations
• Work with the Event Coordinator post-gala, with written report of actuals and wrap up.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Attention to Detail
• Driver’s license and car.
• Excellent English.
• Ability to work with another Silent Auction Coordinator and a team of volunteers
• Comfortable with and ability to call businesses for donations during the day
• Ability to create beautiful and creative displays of auction items
• Excellent written and grammatical skills
• Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, Drop Box, Outlook
• Ability to work with last minute revisions at deadline
• Ability to communicate with all volunteers and banquet coordinators
• Positive attitude and good work ethic.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• The ability to commit to 5 to 15 hours per week with some daytime hours.
Bon pour les personnes intéressées par: Collecte de fonds; Administration/Bureaux; Event planning and participation; Special events and festivals
Vous allez travailler avec: Hommes; Femmes
Comment cette occasion de bénévolat vous bénéficier?
Will gain excellent experience in Event Planning and Fundraising, Administrative Skills and Salesmanship.
Comment l'organisation bénéficiera?
Will assist the Executive Director in our annual fundraising event for the benefit of children at risk. Will assist the volunteer Banquet Committee to ensure that the Silent Auction, Raffles and Games for our annual Big Dream Banquet and Silent Auction, held in November, run smoothly, are on time, and handled thoroughly from start to finish including the database and final close-out with auction winners.
Catégorie de l'organisme: Services sociaux
Bénévoles - considérations
Le temps qu'il faudra pour communiquer avec les candidats - 1-6 jours
Cette position serait formidable pour - Aucune des mentions ci-dessus
Vérification de casier judiciaire exigée: oui