Organisme: Caldwell Family Centre
Engagement: Continu plus d'un an
Disponibilité: Fins de semaine; Soirées
Langue préférée: Anglais
Nombre de postes disponibles: 1
Endroit: Ottawa - Ouest
Date limite: sep 4, 2018
DescriptionThe Caldwell Family Centre (CFC) is recruiting for a qualified candidate to join the Board of Directors to assume the role of Treasurer.
Mission: The mission of the Caldwell Family Centre is to provide services to the community that feed and nurture physical and emotional wellness.
The Board’s Role: The Board's role is to ensure that the Centre establishes strategic priorities and maintains the trust of the community by being clear in its mission, prudent and ethical in its activities, and accountable for its actions. Board Members are individual role models and inspire others to contribute their talent and support to the community. The Board’s focus is on governance, planning, policy-making, and strategic direction. The ideal candidate will have the time to offer meaningful contributions, and the skill-set, expertise and experience necessary to guide the organization to continued success
The Treasurer is Responsible to: Board of Directors (Chair)
Remuneration: Service on CFC’s Board of Directors is without remuneration
Term: Board members are elected by the Membership for (renewable) 3-year terms. The Treasurer is appointed as an officer of the Corporation by the Board.
General Responsibilities of Board Members
• Committed to the mission and work of the Caldwell Family Centre;
• Prepare for, attend and participate in monthly board meetings (and other meetings as required);
• Foster a positive working relationship with other Board members and CFC’s Executive Director;
• Promote the organization in the community;
• Actively participate in fundraising activities;
• Actively participate in evaluation and planning efforts;
• Participate in various activities for the organization as needed throughout the year.
Responsibilities of Treasurer
The Treasurer ensures financial accountability of the organization to enable service delivery and ensure ongoing delivery of its Mission. The Treasurer:
• is committed to the work of the Caldwell Family Centre;
• reports to the Board and general membership on finances;
• provides guidance as required to the Executive Director (ED) regarding financial activities of CFC;
• acts as a signing officer of the organization;
• oversees the ED’s budget preparation and in partnership with the ED, monitors the budget;
• assists the organization with the financial schedules and business plans accompanying project and strategic planning exercises;
• ensures current and acceptable financial policy and practices are in place in the organization;
• meets annually with the auditor to finalize the financial statements of the organization.
Treasurer’s Required Skills:
• Accounting designation;
• Demonstrated leadership stature in philanthropy, community service, business, government or the non-profit sector;
• Ability to think strategically – a Visionary;
• Planning and analyzing ability;
• Strong Communicator;
• Active Volunteer;
• Knowledge of Board Governance;
• Connected in the Community;
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of others.
Bon pour les personnes intéressées par: Gouvernance (conseils, comités); Collecte de fonds; Accounting and finance
Vous allez travailler avec: Autochtones (Première nation, Métis, Inuit); Minorités visibles ou Nouveaux Canadiens; Défavorisés; LGBTTQ; Hommes; Personnes avec handicaps ou conditions médicales; Jeunes (16-18 ans); Jeunes (11-15 ans); Enfants (0-10 ans); Aînés; Femmes; Jeunes (19-24 ans); Sans domicile
Comment cette occasion de bénévolat vous bénéficier?
Volunteer will have a chance to make a difference in the community, share skills, meet new people and network
Comment l'organisation bénéficiera?
Organization benefits from having good financial planning and monitoring practises.
Catégorie de l'organisme: Services sociaux
Bénévoles - considérations
Le temps qu'il faudra pour communiquer avec les candidats - 1-6 jours
Cette position serait formidable pour - Aucune des mentions ci-dessus