Board of Directors Member
Organisme: English Language Tutoring for the Ottawa Community (ELTOC)
Engagement: Continu (plus d'un an)
Disponibilité: Flexible; Soirées
Langue préférée: Anglais
Nombre de postes disponibles: 2
Endroit: Ottawa - Est
Date limite: 21 juin 2019
DescriptionSince 1991, English Language Tutoring for the Ottawa Community (www.eltoc.ca) has been providing individualized and accessible home-based English as a Second Language (ESL) tutoring to eligible adult newcomers who cannot attend regular ESL classes by matching them to trained volunteers in the community. We also have a program geared specifically to helping Syrian refugees who can’t attend school by organizing them into small groups that are taught by certified TESL teachers.
English Language Tutoring for the Ottawa Community (ELTOC) is looking to recruit a dedicated individual who shares our vision to build a strong, inclusive, multicultural community to join our volunteer Board.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A commitment to ELTOC’s mission, vision and objectives
• A collaborative and teamwork approach
• Effective communication
• Willingness to commit approx. 5-8 hours per month including for Board meetings, usually held the 3rd Thursday evening of the month plus some flexibility to attend occasional events
• Skills or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: strategic planning, finance, communications, governance, program evaluation or fundraising
• Understanding of the challenges faced by newcomers to Canada (e.g., second language acquisition, settlement, etc.) and commitment to advancing the opportunities and capabilities of newcomers
• Previous experience with a non-profit Board or community group is an asset
Qualified candidates, who share our vision to build a strong, inclusive, multicultural community, are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2019. All submissions will be reviewed; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please feel free to contact Julie Somers, Board Chair, at 613-899-7030.
Bon pour les personnes intéressées par: Gouvernance (conseils, comités)
Vous allez travailler avec: Minorités visibles ou Nouveaux Canadiens
Catégorie de l'organisme: Éducation et recherche
Bénévoles - considérations
Le temps qu'il faudra pour communiquer avec les candidats - 2-3 semaines
Cette position serait formidable pour - Des nouveaux Canadiens; Aînés; Des personnes handicapées
Vérification des antécédents en vue d'un travail auprès de personnes vulnérables exigée: oui
Vérification de casier judiciaire exigée: oui