Caregiver Support Group Co-Facilitator
Organisme: Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
Engagement: Long terme (entre 6 mois et un an)
Disponibilité: Fins de semaine; Soirées; Journées
Langue préférée: Anglais
Nombre de postes disponibles: 2
Endroit: Ottawa - Ouest
Date limite: 12 juil 2019
DescriptionThe Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County (DSORC) is currently seeking two Co-Facilitator Volunteers, with one position open in our Arabic Community Support Group and one in our Rural Ottawa South Support Group.
The Caregiver Support Group Facilitator is expected to support the DSORC mission to alleviate the personal and social consequences of living with dementia by providing a safe and welcoming environment for caregivers’ discussion and support.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate group discussion
• Inform the participants about the objectives and ground rules for the group
• Empower participants by discussing the important role they play for themselves and each other
• Involve participants through invitation and inclusion
• Initiate, clarify and summarize discussions as required
• Harmonize to reduce tension and encourage participants to explore differences
• Set up room and coordinate logistics
• Complete support group report including attendance and debrief with staff lead
Qualifications and Skills:
• Proficiency in English and/or French
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in group facilitation
• Respect for diversity and cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Effective listening skills, empathy, and adaptability
• Ability to work collaboratively with co-facilitator and supervisor and take initiative
• Respect for the boundaries of the position
• Experience as a caregiver is an asset
• Education in the social sciences is an asset
Successful applicants will submit a volunteer application form and provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Police Record check. An interview and reference checks will be conducted as part of the application process.
Position suitability evaluation and approval will be conducted by supervisory staff after completion of the volunteer application process with the Volunteer Coordinator. This evaluation period extends throughout training/mentorship prior to final approval of volunteer assignment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter describing their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bon pour les personnes intéressées par: Mediation and Facilitation
Vous allez travailler avec: Minorités visibles ou Nouveaux Canadiens; Hommes; Personnes avec handicaps ou conditions médicales; Aînés; Femmes
Comment cette occasion de bénévolat vous bénéficier?
This volunteer co-facilitator position is an excellent opportunity to increase knowledge of dementia and understanding of DSORC programs and services, while establishing positive relationships and helping members of the community.
Comment l'organisation bénéficiera?
Volunteers strengthen the DSORC organization by allowing us to continue to offering programs, guidance, and support that meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Catégorie de l'organisme: Santé
Bénévoles - considérations
Le temps qu'il faudra pour communiquer avec les candidats - 1 semaine
Cette position serait formidable pour - Des nouveaux Canadiens; Aînés; Aucune des mentions ci-dessus
Vérification des antécédents en vue d'un travail auprès de personnes vulnérables exigée: oui