Bruce House is a community-based organization providing housing, compassionate care and support in Ottawa for people living with HIV and AIDS, based on the belief that everyone has the right to live and die with dignity.
· We are accountable to our clients, our community and each other
· We take a holistic approach that recognizes emotional, physical, social, spiritual and economic realities
· We respect diversity and differing needs including but not limited to ability, age, culture, economic status, ethnicity, lifestyle, sex, gender and sexual orientation.
· We support empowerment by providing information, sharing decision-making, promoting participation and providing choices
· We engage in broad-based consultation with stakeholders and other concerned and interested parties
· We actively collaborate with individuals, organizations and the community at large to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV/AIDS
· We recognize the importance of providing a supportive working environment for paid and unpaid staff, as they provide a caring environment for our clients
Provide administrative support to staff, answer phone and greet clients that come for appointments. One shift per week. Required shifts to fill: Monday Morning, Tuesday morning, Thursday morning 10:00AM to 12:15PM Experience: Comfortable answering telephones and working in an environment with people that may have mental health issues or addictions issues. Must be non-judgmental , sensitive to peoples feelings and good boundary settings.
Basic to intermediate Computer skills.