VO is recruiting and deploying volunteers to respond to the volunteer needs specific to COVID-19 in Ottawa, Prescott-Russell, Lanark County and Renfrew County while ensuring proper screening and training protocals to safeguard the health of those volunteering and those they are assisting. Please see the intake portals for volunteers, for members, and for other agencies on our hompage. VO’s COVID 19 volunteer deployment program is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and the Ottawa Community Foundation.
Bruce House is a community-based organization providing housing, compassionate care and support in Ottawa for people living with HIV and AIDS, based on the belief that everyone has the right to live and die with dignity.
· We are accountable to our clients, our community and each other
· We take a holistic approach that recognizes emotional, physical, social, spiritual and economic realities
· We respect diversity and differing needs including but not limited to ability, age, culture, economic status, ethnicity, lifestyle, sex, gender and sexual orientation.
· We support empowerment by providing information, sharing decision-making, promoting participation and providing choices
· We engage in broad-based consultation with stakeholders and other concerned and interested parties
· We actively collaborate with individuals, organizations and the community at large to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV/AIDS
· We recognize the importance of providing a supportive working environment for paid and unpaid staff, as they provide a caring environment for our clients
Bruce House, a community based organization that provides housing, compassionate care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS is currently recruiting volunteers to sit on its Board of Directors. Some the skills we are seeking include strategic planning experience, organizational development, financial expertise, communication skills, housing knowledge and fundraising experience. Board members are expected to contribute about six hours per month. The Board meets on the third Tuesday of the every month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We are currently holding our board meetings via teleconference calls.